We live very close to Lake Erie, which is nicknamed the "Walleye Capital of the World". I'm always looking for new recipes for this fish...I came up with this one on my own.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 1 pound walleye fillets
- In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Place fish in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour vegetable mixture over the fish. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Walleye in Country Extra January 1996, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Walleye
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review