Baked Walleye with Vegetables Recipe
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 walleye fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a nonstick skillet, cook onion in oil over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini and mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder; stir in lemon juice. Cook and stir 30 seconds longer. Remove from heat; stir in 1 teaspoon cheese.
- Place fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top each fillet with about 1/4 cup onion mixture. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Walleye with Vegetables
Sort By :
"This Recipe was wonderful! Quick easy and full of flavor! Can't wait to fix it again!"
"I was looking for an alternative to breaded, fried~in~butter walleye!! This certainly is NOT an option!! Obviously, the temp. was too high! I checked it at 15 minutes. The edges of the fish and the veggie were 'almost crispy', while the center of the fish was still underdone!! Not a pleasing presentation to serve dinner guests! I thought 'Taste of Home' actually made the recipes and tasted them before they printed and 'raved' about them!! I guess not!!"