- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 1 pound walleye fillets
- In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Place fish in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour vegetable mixture over the fish. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Walleye
Sort By :
" Delicious. I used fresh Walleye from Erie; even though I forgot to add the celery. I substituted fresh garlic and parsley for powdered or dried. I also did not have V8 juice so I substitued tomato sauce with equal parts of water and included a bit of lemon thyme. I will undoubtedly be using this recipe again."
"My husband thought it was a winner. It was excellent. I did not have V8 so used tomato juice instead will make it again"