Baked Venison Burgers Recipe
"Since my husband is an avid hunter, we have an abundance of venison each winter," relates Teresa Bowen from Choudrant, Louisiana. "I adapted a meat loaf recipe to make these baked burgers, and we haven't eaten plain burgers since!"
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- Swiss cheese and tomato slices, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, milk, onion, egg and seasoned salt. Crumble venison and beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties; place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended. Spoon over patties.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with cheese and tomato if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC