Baked Veggie Chips Recipe
Colorful, roasted root vegetables are a fun, festive snack or side. These perfectly seasoned chips are so tasty they don't even need dip! —Christine Schenher, San Clemente, California
- 1/2 pound fresh beets (about 2 medium)
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium parsnip
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1. Peel vegetables and cut into 1/8-inch slices. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil. Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- 2. Arrange in a single layer on racks in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Yield: 7 servings.
1/2 cup equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC