Baked Vegetable Beef Stew Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef sirloin tip roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 cup cubed peeled rutabaga
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the beef, vegetables, soup mix and seasonings. Seal bag; shake to coat evenly.
- 2. Transfer to an oven-safe Dutch oven or a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray (dish will be very full). Pour water over beef mixture.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Stir in tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, 30-50 minutes longer or until beef and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 343 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 699 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Baked Vegetable Beef Stew
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.