Whole tomatoes are stuffed with all of your breakfast favorites: scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese and savory Jones breakfast sausage. Recipe provided by Jones Sausage
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Breakfast Sausage links or patties, sliced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice tops and stems off tomatoes. Use knife to cut around inside of tomatoes and loosen ribs and seeds. Scoop out with spoon and discard.
- Heat butter or oil in skillet over medium-low heat until melted. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs and cream until well combined. Season to taste.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and let sit 30 seconds without stirring. Then use spatula or wooden spoon to stir, lifting and folding from bottom. Continue until eggs are cooked through. Add sliced sausage to pan and stir. Add half of shredded cheese, stir to combine.
- Fill each tomato with mixture and top each with remaining shredded cheese. Bake 10-20 minutes, until tomatoes are tender and cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve. Yield: 4 servings
Originally published as Baked Tomato Cups in Jones Sausage 2016
Reviews for Baked Tomato Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review