- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place tilapia in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt; pour over the fillets. Sprinkle with capers, oregano and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Tilapia
Sort By :
"Delicious! Used lime instead of lemon and Hungarian sweet paprika for a little added bonus. My wife was dipping fresh tomato and lettuce in the leftover sauce. Bling. Bling. thanks!"
"My husband made this easy recipe and loved it!!,"
"I left off the capers and the oregano since this was a "first" for two young boys. They ate it with no complaints and it was an easy and tasty dish for adults, too. Use a glass baking dish since the lemon juice can scar a metal dish."
"I don't eat baked fish but since I'm trying eat healthier I decided to try this dish...it was absolutely delicious. The taste lemon-garlic butter was perfect, I paired it with mixed veggies and sauteed red potatoes!"
"It was fast and very good! My husband gave it 4 1/2 stars...he doesn't give anything 5 stars so those 4 1/2 are as good as 5 for the rest of us. I baked sweet potatoes and broccoli with lime juice, instead of salt, for side dishes. I'll be adding this to my regular quick dinner nights."