- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place tilapia in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt; pour over the fillets. Sprinkle with capers, oregano and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Baked Tilapia
Sort By :
It was fast and very good! My husband gave it 4 1/2 stars...he doesn't give anything 5 stars so those 4 1/2 are as good as 5 for the rest of us. I baked sweet potatoes and broccoli with lime juice, instead of salt, for side dishes. I'll be adding this to my regular quick dinner nights.
Excellent, easy and quick! I didn't use capers, and I only had about 1½ tablespoons of lemon juice, so I substituted 1½ tablespoons of juice from a jar of dill pickles. It was a weird thought, sure, but it worked great! Will definitely make this again.
Delicious! Loved the lemon flavor and the simplicity of the recipe.
Amazing! Found this a while back and I have made it SO many times now. I am a HUGE fish lover and this is my favorite recipe so far. Quick and easy too!
This is basically a fish picatta. I adore picatta, so I loved this!