- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place tilapia in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt; pour over the fillets. Sprinkle with capers, oregano and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Tilapia
"Wow, Hope! These are the kind of recipes I'm always looking for! It's easy, but doesn't skimp on flavor. When my spouse was released from the hospital and needs to be on a "bland diet", this was great! But there is nothing bland about it! It's just plain delicious!"
"If you are trying to eat healthier, don't use tilapia! Try another mild white fish. I used salt water trout filets. Was very good."
"Really enjoyed this. I added some sliced olives because I had some open. Very tasty!"
"Made this as written. My husband and I both thought it was ?? great, loved the capers. I will be making this again soon. I might add some chopped olives. Thanks for sharing."
"I used dill pickle chopped fine (same measurement) in place of the capers. Such a great recipe!"
"I'v been fishing for a long time around 50 yrs. so just a tip on how to make your fish tast better turn the fillets over flat side up and you will see a dark line running from end to end this is the blood line! it makes the fish taste strong so remove it by slicing it away then turn it back over and make sure its gone there might be a little left on the bottom edge i'v shown friends this and every one has thanked me as they liked the taste of there fish better"
"what can i use instead of capers????"
"Followed as is. Only put capers on half to follow kids choice and sprinkled a few green onions on top. Crazy good."
"My family loved it. Such a quick and simple meal!"