Baked Taco Chicken
a batch of this lip-smacking chicken will spice up your next supper. The mildly seasoned chicken pieces could be pan-fried or deep-fried, but we like oven baking the best because it cuts down on fat.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, taco seasoning
- and salt. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. Dip chicken pieces
- in egg mixture, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- Place bone side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until juices run
- clear. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 185 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.