Baked Swiss Chicken
Canned soup, white wine, Swiss cheese and crushed croutons dress up chicken breasts in this elegant entree from Beverly Roberge. Ideal for unexpected guests, it only requires a few ingredients. "The creamy sauce is excellent with garlic mashed potatoes or rice," says the Bristol, Connecticut cook.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small
- bowl, combine the soup and wine or broth; pour over chicken. Top
- with cheese and sprinkle with croutons.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 308 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.