- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the soup and wine or broth; pour over chicken. Top with cheese and sprinkle with croutons.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Swiss Chicken
"Great easy go to dinner! I used Stuffing Mix instead of croutons and served with Mashed potatoes, gravy and corn."
"The family loved this dish! quick, easy and tasty! I used sage flavored stuffing mix for the croutons. Yum!"
"Extremely easy to make. Excellent taste. Will make this again soon"
"Was hoping it tasted as good as it smelled cooking...It did! My husband was so impressed. Will be making this dish again soon!"
"Great delicious and easy meal to fix - it's a regular at our house."
"I have been making this for years, so I wasn't surprised to see it appear in TOH!! This is my go to recipe for an easy, delicious chicken dish suitable for guests or family!, it was not thing I made sure both of my children knew how to make before they went off to college, and now it is their go to dish, too!"
"This was great."