Canned soup, white wine, Swiss cheese and crushed croutons dress up chicken breasts in this elegant entree from Beverly Roberge. Ideal for unexpected guests, it only requires a few ingredients. "The creamy sauce is excellent with garlic mashed potatoes or rice," says the Bristol, Connecticut cook.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the soup and wine or broth; pour over chicken. Top with cheese and sprinkle with croutons.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Swiss Chicken in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p12
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Swiss Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review