Baked Sweet-Sour Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small green pepper, chopped, divided
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges, divided
- 1 small carrot, diced, divided
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil; drain.
- 2. Line an 8-in. square baking dish with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray. Place pork chops in prepared pan; sprinkle with half of the green pepper, onion and carrot. Pour sauce over all.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining vegetables. Baste with sauce in pan. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 3/4 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 396 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Baked Sweet-Sour Pork Chops
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.