I always have lots of leftover sweet potatoes, but when I make this, they're gone faster than you can say "Thanksgiving!" Any ice cream flavor will do, though vanilla bean seems to be an ideal companion.—Joyce Welling, Swanton, Ohio
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the potatoes, cream, egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon peel and spices until smooth. Fold in 2/3 cup coconut.
- In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in brown sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- With a spatula, stir a fourth of the egg whites into sweet potato mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg whites until combined.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining coconut. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Sweet Potato Pudding in Taste of Home November 2011, p73
Reviews for Baked Sweet Potato Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review