- 8 large sweet onions, peeled
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 8 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Cut each onion into six wedges to within 1/2 in. of the bottom. Place each onion on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square).
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, wine, bouillon, thyme and pepper. Spoon over onions; sprinkle with cheese. Fold foil around each onion and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until onions are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Baked Sweet Onions
Sort By :
Mine turned out nothing like the picture, and I'm sure that I did something wrong. Not keeping this recipe in my recipe box, not willing to try it again.
These were so easy and really, really good. We had guests foir dinner and this was the first time I made these. I made extra and everyone of the onions were gone. I put them in a casserole dish and then covered it with foil--turned out great. Made more for a potluck and they too were given great reviews. It's a keeper.