Baked Sweet Onions Recipe
- 8 large sweet onions, peeled
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 8 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Cut each onion into six wedges to within 1/2 in. of the bottom. Place each onion on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square).
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, wine, bouillon, thyme and pepper. Spoon over onions; sprinkle with cheese. Fold foil around each onion and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until onions are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Baked Sweet Onions(1)
Sort By :
These were so easy and really, really good. We had guests foir dinner and this was the first time I made these. I made extra and everyone of the onions were gone. I put them in a casserole dish and then covered it with foil--turned out great. Made more for a potluck and they too were given great reviews. It's a keeper.