"You don't have to fuss to make a special side dish for tow, as this recipe proves," says Sarah Rodgers of West Mifflin, Pennsylvania. "It's so easy to dress up zucchini halves with this flavorful mushroom stuffing."
- 1 medium zucchini
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Chop pulp; set shells aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the zucchini pulp, mushrooms and onion in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add wine or broth. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini shells in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Fill shells with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Stuffed Zucchini in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p59
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Stuffed Zucchini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review