Baked Stuffed Pears
This simple dessert is a tasty ending to our Thanksgiving meal of roast turkey or pork. Pears are a yummy change from the typical apples.
Marie Labanowski, New Hampton, New York
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 medium ripe pears (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- Core pears and peel 1 in. down from the top on each. Brush peeled
- portion with some of the lemon juice. Place in a greased 1-qt.
- baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the walnuts, raisins, syrup, brown sugar, lemon
- peel, cinnamon and remaining lemon juice. Spoon into pears. Dot with
- butter. Pour apple juice around pears. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 30-40 minutes or until pears are tender, basting several times.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 707 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 160 g carbohydrate, 23 g fiber, 6 g protein.