Baked Stuffed Eggs Recipe
Meet the Cook: Lucky for me, the man I married was patient. As a young bride, I could hardly boil water! (Now, 42 years later, he and I have three grown daughters and six grandchildren.) This make-ahead egg dish is wonderful for potlucks. -Lorraine Bylsma, Eustis, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- STUFFED EGGS:
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In a bowl, mash yolks with a fork. Add sour cream, mustard and salt; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add soup and sour cream; mix well. Pour half into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- 3. Arrange stuffed eggs over the sauce. Spoon remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 235 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 252 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC