Baked Stuffed Eggs Recipe
- STUFFED EGGS:
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In a bowl, mash yolks with a fork. Add sour cream, mustard and salt; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites; set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add soup and sour cream; mix well. Pour half into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- Arrange stuffed eggs over the sauce. Spoon remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Baked Stuffed Eggs
Sort By :
"I made this for a meatless Friday in Lent. It was tasty, but needed more substance. I think it would be good served over toasted English muffins with maybe some bacon mixed in. I would make it again."
"this recipe is awesome"
"Nice, different way to serve eggs to company. I doubled the recipe, so it takes some time to get all the eggs peeled!"
"Havent made it yet , looks great. See it calls for 8 eggs in picture looks like you used 12 ? do you use all 16 halves?"
"I have made this dish for years. It is really nice on a holiday morning. My family loves it and there are no leftovers."