Baked Stuffed Carrots Recipe
- 12 medium carrots
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons grated onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place carrots in a skillet; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. drain.
- 2. Cut a thin lengthwise slice out of each carrot. Scoop out carrot, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shells aside.Place the removed carrot in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; add mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Spoon into carrot shells.
- 3. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the crumbs, 1 tablespoon butter and paprika; sprinkle over carrots. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 172 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Baked Stuffed Carrots
"This an always requested dish for Thanksgiving Dinner."
"Served it on Easter, impressive presentation and tastes great."