Baked Stuffed Carrots Recipe
The preparation makes this side dish much more impressive than plain cooked carrots—and it tastes better, too!—Roma Steckling, Aitkin, Minnesota
- 12 medium carrots
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons grated onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place carrots in a skillet; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. drain.
- 2. Cut a thin lengthwise slice out of each carrot. Scoop out carrot, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shells aside.Place the removed carrot in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; add mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Spoon into carrot shells.
- 3. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the crumbs, 1 tablespoon butter and paprika; sprinkle over carrots. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 172 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Baked Stuffed Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC