Baked Spiral Ham
"This is one of our favorite ham recipes," writes Marilou Robinson of Portland, Oregon. It will feed a crowd, or use what's remaining in two recipes Marilou also offers here. "No one groans about ham leftovers when these items are on the menu," she adds.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 fully cooked spiral ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup red wine or additional chicken broth
- In a small skillet, saute the onion in butter until tender; transfer
- to a roasting pan. Place ham on top. Pour the broth and wine or
- additional broth over ham. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3
- hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated
- through. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.