Baked Spinach Dip Loaf Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 unsliced round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- Raw vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise. Stir in the spinach, cheese, water chestnuts, bacon, onion and seasonings.
- 2. Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice off top of the bread; set aside. Carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread and set aside. Fill the shell with spinach dip; replace top. Wrap in heavy-duty foil; place on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until dip is heated through. Open foil carefully. Serve warm with bread cubes and vegetables. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
One 1/4-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese, fat-free mayonnaise and reduced-fat cheddar cheese; calculated without bread or vegetables) equals 105 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.