Baked Spicy Chicken Wings Recipe
These chicken wings taste good with curried almond rice and a salad. I've also garnished them with mandarin oranges or chopped peppers for special company.
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup honey or packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Few drops hot pepper sauce
- 30 to 36 chicken wings or drumettes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except chicken; heat and stir until blended. Cool to room temperature. Place the chicken in a shallow baking pan; pour sauce over. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator 12-24 hours. To cook, remove chicken from the marinade and place on a broiler pan. Reserve marinade. Bake at 375° for about 40 minutes or until tender. Turn chicken and brush with marinade occasionally. Yield: 6 main-dish or 12 appetizer servings.
Reviews for Baked Spicy Chicken Wings
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2011
"I didn't like these at all they weren't even spicy, they cooked very well in the oven though, but I wouldn't make these again"
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2010
"very ,very good the best,thank you"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC