Baked Spicy Chicken Wings Recipe
These chicken wings taste good with curried almond rice and a salad. I've also garnished them with mandarin oranges or chopped peppers for special company.
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup honey or packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Few drops hot pepper sauce
- 30 to 36 chicken wings or drumettes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except chicken; heat and stir until blended. Cool to room temperature. Place the chicken in a shallow baking pan; pour sauce over. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator 12-24 hours. To cook, remove chicken from the marinade and place on a broiler pan. Reserve marinade. Bake at 375° for about 40 minutes or until tender. Turn chicken and brush with marinade occasionally. Yield: 6 main-dish or 12 appetizer servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC