Baked Spiced Salmon
The cool yogurt sauce is a pleasant accompaniment to the spice-rubbed fish.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Place the salmon in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle
- with 2 tablespoons lime juice. Combine the salt, ginger, coriander,
- cumin, cinnamon and cayenne; sprinkle over salmon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt,
- onions, cilantro and remaining lime juice. Serve with salmon. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with about 4-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 347 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.