Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef, browned and drained, optional
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, oregano and, if desired, ground beef. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place half of the spaghetti in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the vegetable mixture and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and water until smooth; pour over casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Baked Spaghetti(55)
Sort By :
I made this for my family tonight and this was delicious..Thank you for the receipe
I will try this particular recipe, but I have made one very similar and only takes 20 min on top of stove. After step 1 I add one can of beef broth with the diced tomatoes (I have used stewed also but I use my one hand blender to break up the tomatoes so they are not so chunky), no need to add water, when it comes to a boil I add uncooked bow tie pasta right into the pan (about 1 1/2 C. or so and cook for 10 min until pasta is done, then add 1/4 C grated cheese. No need to bake. I don't use cream soup or olives but every one I have made this for loves it.
I have been making baked spaghetti for years. Umm good!
longstanding family favorite - lost the recipe and am glad to have found it again!
I love this recipe but I put spaghetti sauce in mine. We like it much better with the sauce.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Spaghetti >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >