Baked Spaghetti Potluck Casserole Recipe
This is a wonderful casserole for a potluck. Wherever I take it, people enjoy it…especially men. I use whatever cheese I have on hand, so try your favorite. —Pat Walter, Pine Island, Minnesota
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Break spaghetti in half; cook according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soups, tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and seasonings.
- 2. Drain spaghetti; stir into meat sauce. Add 1/2 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 313 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC