Baked Spaghetti Pizza
"I have five children who are finicky eaters, but they all like this fun variation on traditional pizza," reports Helen Van Norman from Maplewood, Minnesota. Spaghetti noodles for the crust while the delicious sauce and spicy Italian sausage give it authentic flavor.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 cups cooked spaghetti
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the spaghetti, eggs and milk. Spread into a
- greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Top with spaghetti
- sauce, sausage, mushrooms, olives and cheese. Bake at 350° for
- 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza is heated through.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 459 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 1,075 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now