Baked Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (26 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add butter and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, green pepper and tomatoes.
- 2. In a blender, cover and process the ricotta cheese until pureed. Add to the spaghetti sauce mixture. Stir in the mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, oregano and 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Add the spaghetti; toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Cover; bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving equals 301 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 774 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 lean meat.