Baked Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add butter and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, green pepper and tomatoes.
- In a blender, cover and process the ricotta cheese until pureed. Add to the spaghetti sauce mixture. Stir in the mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, oregano and 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Add the spaghetti; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Cover; bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Sort By :
"Seemed like this needed more spaghetti sauce, like another jar perhaps"
"Super good and easy. We usually add olives to the top. This time I cheaped out on a recipe that said it was 1 hr to bake and it turned out being 2 1/2 with prep and additional baking. No thank you. We just used the crushed tomatoes, spices, onions and garlic in that recipe for this one. Easy switch, I'm sure it'll taste great. Who knew eggplant parm would take that long. This one's definitely a winner!!"
"I made this last night for my family of 5 and it was wonderful however, I believe there is an error on the amount of uncooked spaghetti. I used an entire box (16oz) but this recipe calls for 6oz and says it serves 9?"
"Excellent, hard to believe the this recipe is healthy."
"I really enjoyed this casserole. The magazine did say that the prep time was =< 20 minutes, which I thought was an underestimate. It took me quite awhile to chop all the vegetables and blend the ricotta. But it was delicious. I added some crushed red pepper to the finished product, and it was great! It also reheats quite nicely."