Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt, baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Baked Spaghetti(95)
Sort By :
This was the worse casserole I ever made. I did not use all the spaghetti that it called for and it was still to much. Not enough sauce no taste needs garlic and italian seasoning but made it just like it called for. My family hated it it went in the garbage
Loved it! I may use slightly more sauce next time. Perfect for a cold day or a Church potluck.
I made this for lunch...Wished I had of read, and heeded, the others on the sauce...It could have used more....I only used 12oz of spaghetti and that was plenty...I , also, added crushed garlic, a can of mushrooms, green peppers, Italian seasoning and Oregano to the meat....I could see why it would be bland without those addtions....I only had 3 cups of Italian blend cheese and that seemed plenty...I am glad to know I can freeze it, as it made a huge dish full...I will make it again, but half the recipe by cutting back on the cheese and pasta..
The difference between 4 and 5 stars for me was the need for more sauce. Although I read the reviews prior to making it, I thought I would use the amount specified in the recipe the first time making it. I will double the sauce next time. I did use ground pork sausage instead of ground beef, ricotta instead of cottage cheese, and two cups of an Italian-blend cheese instead of four cups. I also added garlic and mushrooms with the meat. I also only baked about 10 more minutes after removing the foil. This makes a lot, and I agree this would be great for a potluck or for a family in need.
This is delicious. Definitely use 2 jars of spaghetti sauce and even a few less noodles. Everyone who tries it wants the recipe. Froze the left-overs as there is only my husband and me. Great left-over as well.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Spaghetti >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >