Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt, baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Baked Spaghetti(84)
Sort By :
This was ok. Unfortunately I didn't read reviews like I normally do before making recipe and ended up with a pretty bland, very cheesy and dry dish. Additionally, there's no need to make this so fattening. Next time will use hot Italian turkey sausage, skim cottage cheese, half the mozzarella cheese and will add green peppers, mushrooms, garlic and an extra jar of sauce like other reviewers mentioned.
Made this Baked Spaghetti for dinner this evening. It was very good. I did not have any seasoned salt to add. I thought it was fabulous with out the salt. This is a keeper. Yes, I'll make again
Great meal with lots of leftovers
I love this recipe! It makes more than enough for a family of 5! In fact, the next time I make it will freeze half. I will say that I agree with other reviews that it needs a little more sauce. I think I will try added additional half jar the next time I make it. I also used half ricotta and half cottage cheese to add a little more pizazz to it. Wonderful recipe, one I intend to numerous times!
Everyone loved this recipe! I left out the onion and used two jars of sauce. I mixed one and a half jars with the beef, and poured the remaining half a jar over the final meat sauce layer. New family favorite. Leftovers were great re-heated too.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Spaghetti >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >