Baked Southwest Sandwiches Recipe
I like to prepare these tasty sandwiches whenever I have a few friends over for an informal lunch. The combination of toppings is out of this world. I'm often asked for the recipe. -Holly Sorensen, Reedley, California
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 3/4 to 1 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine olives, chili powder, cumin and salt; set aside 2 tablespoons. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream and onion to the remaining olive mixture.
- 2. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture on each slice. Top with turkey and tomatoes. Spread with another tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture; top with avocados and cheeses. Sprinkle with reserved olive mixture. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 435 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Southwest Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC