- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 3/4 to 1 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine olives, chili powder, cumin and salt; set aside 2 tablespoons. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream and onion to the remaining olive mixture.
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture on each slice. Top with turkey and tomatoes. Spread with another tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture; top with avocados and cheeses. Sprinkle with reserved olive mixture. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Baked Southwest Sandwiches
"A huge favorite with our family of 8 since it was first published in 1996! I've prepared these sandwiches, doubling the recipe countless times over the years. Fast & easy & delicious. Serve with a salad or chips, & you'll make everyone happy! Don't change a thing!"
"My husband loves this meal. After we eat, he grabs chips and used the left overs as dip."
"Absolutely delicious. Served with Home made black bean soup. Perfect combination."
"This is the bes sandwich ever. Try it! You will like it!!!"
"Didn't make my favorite list. sc"