Baked Southwest Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 3/4 to 1 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine olives, chili powder, cumin and salt; set aside 2 tablespoons. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream and onion to the remaining olive mixture.
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture on each slice. Top with turkey and tomatoes. Spread with another tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture; top with avocados and cheeses. Sprinkle with reserved olive mixture. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Baked Southwest Sandwiches(5)
Sort By :
My husband loves this meal. After we eat, he grabs chips and used the left overs as dip.
Absolutely delicious. Served with Home made black bean soup. Perfect combination.
This is the bes sandwich ever. Try it! You will like it!!!
Didn't make my favorite list. sc
These sound just perfect for my family, thank you!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >