Baked Sole and Spinach Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 pounds sole fillets
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Stir in 1 cup cheese, lemon juice, salt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg and pepper, stirring until cheese is melted. Set aside half of the cheese sauce.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°. Drain noodles; add to the remaining sauce. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with spinach, sole, reserved cheese sauce and remaining cheese; sprinkle with almonds.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 396 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Baked Sole and Spinach
"This was okay, but not great. I think the heaviness of the sauce took something away from the delicate fish."