- 1 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville® Smoked Split Rope Sausage, sliced
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, cook sausage, onion and garlic in oil until onions are tender.
- Add green pepper, mushrooms, salt and seasoning; continue to cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, water and basil.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes.
- Add prepared spaghetti to sauce; toss to coat evenly. Spoon one-half of the pasta mixture into a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with one-half of the cheese.
- Top with remaining pasta mixture and cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 375°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove cover, bake 5 minutes longer. Serve. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Baked Smoked Sausage Spaghetti Casserole
Sort By :
"To those below that are trying to use dried basil, the 1 cup basil would be fresh basil. If using dried, I'd use about 1 T."
"My family and I do not like mushrooms or bell pepper so I kept them out but even without them the dish tasted super delicious.vickystick-I used dried basil and I didn't have enough for 1 cup so it was about 3/4 cup and it did seem like a lot at first but once I put in the spaghetti it came out fine."
"I love this but I have a question about the basil. It calls for 1 cup. I bought dried basil. That seems like way too much. The spice bottle doesn't even have 1 cup in it. Can someone please help!"
"Awesome, simply awesome. I made this last night for dinner, and it was an instant hit. It takes approximately 30 to 45 min to prep, but after that, it's a breeze. I'll probably make this twice a month..."