- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, fennel seed and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. In a bowl, combine butter, paprika and remaining garlic powder; mix well. Brush over cut sides of rolls. Spread meat mixture on roll bottoms; top with mozzarella cheese. Replace roll tops. Wrap each in heavy-duty foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Sloppy Joes in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p103
Reviews for Baked Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2015
"Everyones loves this"