Baked Simple Meatball Stroganoff Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (all of the bread might not be used). Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Combine the spaghetti sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs. Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Baked Simple Meatball Stroganoff
Sort By :
The meatballs were really dry and not very good--overall, just not something we liked at all!
I have made this recipe for years, we love it. Leave out the water, use your own sauce. Use the good bread, we prefer unseeded. This used to be called meatball sub casserole, everything is better with mini meatballs. A salad or vegetable and you are all set.
Yet another recipe I've had tucked away in RB. Will make using 13x9x2 pan, There ought to be plenty leftovers for these two empty nesters!
I love the simplicity and the comfort food taste of this simple little ditty! Even my Mother In Law liked it!!! (See!!! Miracles dooooo happen every day!!)
have made this twice both times it was yummy. I did omit water and halved recipe then froze one half and baked the other for dinner. My son now has his girlfriend making this.