Baked Simple Meatball Stroganoff Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (all of the bread might not be used). Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Combine the spaghetti sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs. Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Baked Simple Meatball Stroganoff(56)
Sort By :
have made this twice both times it was yummy. I did omit water and halved recipe then froze one half and baked the other for dinner. My son now has his girlfriend making this.
This is a great recipe and very easy to make!
As written this recipe may be a bit bland, but the base of the recipe is quite good. I Read most of the reviews and adjusted to personal taste: Cooking is both art and science. As a science, the kitchen becomes a laboratory, the setting for discoveries that work so well they become classics, or fail so abysmally that they are lessons in what to not do. As in science, food becomes cuisine. Cooks learn to add a 'pinch' of a favorite spice to enhance flavor. Scientists maintain the rigor of exactitude. Cooks weigh and measure to produce a finished result that is consistent. AND THEN THE FUN BEGINS. *ALWAYS READ THE RECIPE IN FULL BEFORE YOU START, then read the reviews. I give you 4 Stars! FOR the recipe: And Will GIVE 7 Stars to the reviews. "ALWAYS READ THE RECIPE IN FULL BEFORE YOU START". THANK YOU!! I can do the happy food dance!! NOW !! I can't leave anything alone! THANK YOU!! 8 Stars.
We love this recipe! My kids ask for it all the time. I have never had an issue with the bread being soggy. It is pretty quick to throw together.
Adjusted recipe as suggested to avoid soggy bread, still happened. None of my family of four liked the taste, two year old spit it back out, yelled yucky and wiped his tongue with a napkin, the rest of us wished we could get away with such table manners. The cream cheese/mayo was the part noone liked.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >