Baked Shrimp and Asparagus
I invented this casserole when I needed to serve 30 co-workers for a holiday party. I knew it was a hit when people asked for the recipe. Now I make it frequently for guests because it tastes special, yet it's fast to fix.Jane Rhodes, Silverdale, Washington
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cut asparagus
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup salad croutons, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Spoon into a
- greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes or until shrimp turn
- pink. Top with croutons if desired; bake 5 minutes longer. Serve
- with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.