Baked Shredded Carrots
Everyone who samples this crisp and tender carrot dish loves it. I make it often when we have fresh produce from our garden. Its bright orange color looks so pretty on our Thanksgiving table.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 cups shredded carrots (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine carrots, onions,
- sugar, salt and celery salt. Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt.
- baking dish. Dot with butter.
- Cover and bake 45-50 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 135 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.