Baked Sesame Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- SESAME COATING:
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan lined with heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, water and soy sauce; brush over meat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Slice and serve warm or cold. Yield: 12 servings.
2 ounces cooked pork equals 120 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 lean meat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.