Baked Sesame Chicken Strips
For example, she took the concept for the fast-food chicken snacks her children love and turned out home-cooked Sesame Chicken Strips. "I start with chicken that is partially frozen, because it's easier to cut," Lorri notes. "Then I cover it with an easy crushed cracker coating. A hint of ginger really jazzes up the flavor."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup crushed sesame snack crackers (about 30 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter and soy sauce. In another
- shallow bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, ginger and salt. Dip
- chicken strips in butter mixture, then roll in crumbs until coated
- on all sides.
- Place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450°
- for 10 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 ounces) equals 251 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 504 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.