"Everyone who tastes this wonderful luncheon dish is surprised that the avocados are baked," notes Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (4 ounces) medium shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 4 large ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crushed potato chips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, onions, salt if desired and pepper. Add crab and shrimp; mix well. Peel avocados if desired. Sprinkle avocados with lemon juice; fill with seafood mixture. Sprinkle with potato chips if desired.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Seafood Avocados in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p18
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Seafood Avocados
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review