I love scrambles, but when you're entertaining, it is just too time consuming. So I came up with this baked egg dish. Now I can enjoy the "scramble" without scrambling around the kitchen when company's here. —Darlyn Pfeiffer, Reeseville, Wisconsin
Featured In: 30 Better-for-You Breakfasts
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese blend, divided
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- Optional topings: sour cream, salsa and/or fresh basil
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the potatoes, cream cheese, bacon and tomatoes. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper until well blended. Pour over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until set. Serve warm in tortillas with avocados. If desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Baked Scrambled Egg Wraps in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p218
Reviews for Baked Scrambled Egg Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review