This is a delicious alternative to traditional deep-fried scallops. My family calls it their all-time favorite seafood dish.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen bay scallops, thawed
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Toss scallops in
- flour mixture, a few at a time, and place into two greased 6 to
- 8-oz. baking dishes. Top each with half the cream, butter and bread
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until scallops are
- opaque and topping is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 224 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.