- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen bay scallops, thawed
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Toss scallops in flour mixture, a few at a time, and place into two greased 6 to 8-oz. baking dishes. Top each with half the cream, butter and bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until scallops are opaque and topping is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Scallops
"This was a very tasty dish. The scallops came out very tender. I added a pinch of dill weed to the bread crumb topping and baked the whole recipe in one small baking dish."
"This was a very easy and quick recipe for scallops. I really liked the way they turned out. Very tasty, I will use this recipe again."