- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sherry or additional chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 40 wonton wrappers
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in carrot and water chestnuts.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine cornstarch and ginger. Stir in the broth, sherry or additional broth and soy sauce until smooth. Stir into sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Gently press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat wontons with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- Remove wontons from cups and arrange upside down on greased baking sheets. Bake 5 minutes longer or until light golden. Turn wontons; fill each with about 1 teaspoon sausage mixture. Bake for 2-3 minutes or until filling is heated through. Yield: 40 wontons.
Originally published as Baked Sausage Wontons in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Sausage Wontons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2014
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2008