Baked Saucy Pork Chops
This entree brightens up the usual routine of chops and rice. I reach for this recipe when the weather is brisk and our appetites are hearty.
-Dorothy Toben, Blackwell, Oklahoma
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in butter. Transfer to a
- small greased baking dish; sprinkle with onion. In a bowl, combine
- the remaining ingredients. Pour over chops. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.