- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with onion.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Bake, covered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Baked Saucy Pork Chops
"The method of cooking was quick, easy and allowed lots of time to prepare the rest of the meal, but the maple syrup in the sauce combined with the spicy ingredients just didn't please my taste buds. To solve the runny sauce, I reduced it down by cooking at high heat for several minutes, but then added cornstarch and water to thicken."
"Decided to make this recipe because it was for two. And the reviews seemed ok. Didn't turn out the way I had hoped. The sauce didn't thicken up at all and we kept thinking it needed a steak sauce or 57 on it plus more salt. Added 1 tsp liquid smoke."
"We enjoyed this very much, but next time I may leave out the cider vinegar."
"This the second time I made this recipe, the first time I made it exactly like the recipe and the onions were still crispy. This time I sauted the onions in the butter first and then add the pork chops. We are going to add a tsp of liquid smoke next time and tighten up the sauce for a gravy. My husband and daughter really love this recipe so we will make it again. We like to play around with recipes and make them our own."
"Imalways looking for new recipes to cook with and this one worked out quite nicely. Loved the fact that it was for a two serving rather than a larger quantity. I would suggest using a sweet vidala onion rather than a regular onion as it does give a rather distinct onion flavor other than that very delicious! This one has been saved to my recipe box and received a two thumbs up to cook again!"